
Happy Monday friends! It has indeed been a happy Monday for us basset hounds. Miss Lu and I indulged in the most wonderful delicacy this morning - a large can of peanuts all the way from Virginia!
We've been eyeing these peanuts since Grandma Jo brought them over Thanksgiving. We watch Mom and Dad eat them and not share one nut with us, while us poor bassets are salivating. So, Lu and I concocted a plan- to make the nuts ours!
You see the nuts reside on the living room/kitchen island, right next to Dad's computer. Since I am a full blood (handsome) basset, my legs are too short to jump up and reach any counter top. Lu, however, is not a full blood basset and isn't as much of a looker as me. However, Miss Lu does have one thing going for her: she has longer legs. She's mastered the kitchen counter tops, but has yet to be able to reach the living room/kitchen island counter. What Mom and Dad didn't know is that while they are at work, Miss Lu has been practicing extremely hard on her high jump with one goal in mind: to get the nuts.
And today that happened. After Mom left for work, Miss Lu gave it her best effort and pulled the very large can of nuts down from the counter. We used our teeth to pull the top off and inside was heaven: lots of Virginia peanuts!!!! Daddy caught us, but he did not ruin our fun and we had already devoured the can of nuts and I was licking the can clean when our mischief was discovered.
Daddy seemed pretty pissed that we ate his entire can of nuts, but he should really learn to share. Mom was worried we were going to get sick, but she doesn't realize we have stomachs of steel. Mom says if I keep eating like I do, I will look like the basset in this picture. I do not think that is true because of all the working out I do.
Grandma Jo, if you are reading this, please send more Virginia peanuts ASAP.
Thank you in advance,
FLASH

No comments:
Post a Comment